WSOG

WSOG We Stand On Guard is a blog dedicated to the elimination of Racism in Canada. With a particular emphasis on Nova Scotia, this blog reports news items of relevance to Canada.

Name:
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

F. Stanley Boyd is an eighth generation African Canadian journalist. Among his ancestors is one of the first settlers of Oak Island in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. He is chair and founder of the Committee on Racial Content on Canadian Television (CRCT). We welcome your comments on this blog and you may comment by email at fsjboyd@yahoo.com or by clinking the comment link below and you are encouraged to do so.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007



Cancer May Be the Reason I Die, but the Nova Scotia Government is responsible.

I’m caught between the inefficiencies of the courts, the Nova Scotia government and the Maintenance Enforcement program. The Nova Scotia government has removed from the federal government’s Canada Pension Plan Disability payment that I receive $341.00 of a total of $746.89, leaving me, in second stage chemotherapy treatment, a total of $371.89 to shelter, clothe and feed myself as I enter the more dangerous stage of cancer treatment.

I will not and should not have to rely on friends and family as I believe it is the responsibility of the Nova Scotia government who has known that since December 2006 I have been trying to solve this issue. The delays continue to be in the legal system and with the scandalous Maintenance Program of Nova Scotia for which no one in the Nova Scotia government will come forth to accept responsibility.
Susan Litke of Dalhousie Legal Aid, whose is responsible for my file, has not spoken directly with me for months. As matters stand I have no idea what they are doing since the last correspondence from the student assigned to the case and there’s no end in sight due to endless bickering of my legal representatives with Judith McPhee, a self-styled court officer, over who there’s no control.

The Maintenance Enforcement Program is out of control and it could very well in the end be responsible for my own death.

It is easy for the Nova Scotia government not to coward when its opposition is an impaired man with terminal cancer and they can affect my financial means to fight for my life without looking me in the face.

I only want what I am entitled to, the CPP Disability, and I want Nova Scotians to see the image of a man struggle for his life with the Nova Scotia government pulling in confused directions because it is leaderless. A leader needs to steps up.

I wrote the Prime Minister and here is what one of his aids wrote back; the letter is dated June 20, 2007 and it was received yesterday:

“While you may be assured that your comments have be carefully reviewed, maintenance enforcement falls within the jurisdiction of the provincial government. You would be best advised, therefore, to continue to pursue your enquires with the Nova Scotia Department of Justice.”

I am left no choice and it comes down to this. I have done everything to avoid this but until my disability pension is restored in full, I have no choice but to discontinue my cancer treatment due to lack of funds to support my needs while I am under the second treatment. This matter has to be resolved through cooperation.
Once the matter is resolved, I will be able to continue my treatment, at least having some financial resource to nurture myself and help fight against the effects of the chemotherapy

For more Information contact Frank Boyd’s committee and friends at 463-0070

Bound To Be Free – Fight For Justice has offered to assist me by paying legal fees to hire a lawyer to get this matter finally resolved.

Bound To Be Free - Fight For Justice is a Black organization whose mission is "Freeing Blacks from a system of poverty and imprisonment through social, economical and spiritual empowerment.”

Their social justice involvement has been financing and assisting the "Save Lincolnville Campaign" in the fight against the Landfill a kilometer away from the community of Lincolnville, assisting Black inmates in prison and held meetings that have formulated initiatives that will further develop Black communities.
Bound To Be Free – Fight For Justice has offered to assist me by paying legal fees to hire a lawyer to get this matter finally resolved.

Bound To Be Free - Fight For Justice is a Black organization whose mission is "Freeing Blacks from a system of poverty and imprisonment through social, economical and spiritual empowerment.”

Their social justice involvement has been financing and assisting the "Save Lincolnville Campaign" in the fight against the Landfill a kilometer away from the community of Lincolnville, assisting Black inmates in prison and held meetings that have formulated initiatives that will further develop Black communities.

For more Information contact Frank Boyd’s committee and friends and if you wish to help Mr. Boyd financially please call 463-0070, ask for Susan.

Available: 902 463-0070
Chemotherapy photo and video
Letter from Prime Minister Stephen Harper

Thursday, June 28, 2007.

CC.

CTV NATIONAL NEWS
CTV WHISTLEBLOWER
ATV NEWS
GLOBAL NEWS
CBC TV NEWS
CBC RADIO NEWS
GLOBE AND MAIL
NATIONAL POST
http://www.wsog.blogspot.com/
The Prime Minister of Canada
Premier, Rodney MacDonald
-30-


For more Information contact Frank Boyd’s committee and friends and if you wish to help Mr. Boyd financially please call 463-0070, ask for Susan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home