WSOG

WSOG We Stand On Guard is a blog dedicated to the elimination of Racism in Canada. With a particular emphasis on Nova Scotia, this blog reports news items of relevance to Canada.

Name:
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

F. Stanley Boyd is an eighth generation African Canadian journalist. Among his ancestors is one of the first settlers of Oak Island in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. He is chair and founder of the Committee on Racial Content on Canadian Television (CRCT). We welcome your comments on this blog and you may comment by email at fsjboyd@yahoo.com or by clinking the comment link below and you are encouraged to do so.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

“Government Officials above the Law”












Dear Premier Rodney MacDonald

Cc. Mr. Chisholm, Chief of Staff, Premier’s Office By email March 7, 2007.

“Government Officials above the Law” says Black Senior Citizen Struggling with Cancer -- Reply Requested

I have been trying through many letters with the MEP director and with communications with Justice Minister Murray Scott directly and through my MLA Trevor Zinck to personally speak with the minister concerning the garnishee of my EI benefits to pay maintenance. Let me be clear that I am willing and have always been willing to pay maintenance.

I have proof that Judith McPhee, the MEP director’s, original garnishee was illegal and had to be withdrawn. That is a fact. This damaged irreparably my ability to pay maintenance in concert with the actions taken by Catherine Smith, the Superintendent of Insurance when I was an insurance agent by denying my full license illegally without a hearing.

I have asked the MEP director repeatedly to withdraw the current garnishee. She asked me to follow a process by which a reduction could be done, I did as requested. I was promised a reply when the director has one of the MEP managers, Ron Borne, call me on February 21, 2007 to let me know that I could expect a reply from the director concerning my February 8th letter. There been no reply and instead of reducing or withdrawing the garnishee the MEP director continues to allow 52.68% of my meager EI benefits to be withheld from me.

In the letter I also advised the director that I have contracted a cancer of the bone marrow, multiple myeloma, which is incurable and terminal. Instead of having to write letters like this I should be getting some cooperation from the MEP allowing me to concentrate on my health needs. Since October, 2006 I can not been able to pay my rent. The matter yet remains in limbo. I am compelled by this sad state of communications with both the director and the minister of justice to do what I have not wanted to do. I am ready as of Friday morning March 9, 2007 to take my issues to a national television network which has asked me for more deals on my media release which you can view on my blog at http://www.wsog.blogspot.com/.

I have wanted to resolve these issues without further public appeal and I have taken the matter to Supreme Court (Family Division) for conciliation and there is in place a formula for repaying the maintenance arrears. The MEP director is also aware of this and yet there has been no reply from her; she continues her ruthless pursuit of the little money I have. In fact everything is in place to enable payment to go on from here once the conciliation report and or the Court’s decision is rendered. The MEP is in part responsible for the arrears as is another division of government.

Do I air these facts on national television or do we try to negotiate our differences as intelligent people try to do? There are facts about my case that will shock you. I would rather the director withdraw her garnishee enabling me to concentrate on my health issues while arranging maintenance rather than shaking in public, public confidence in the MEP, Finance and Justice departments.

However, once I go down that road of public involvement on television it is a road of no return. I have promised a national television network that I will contact them by Friday morning March 9th for the presentation of facts from my files and an interview.

Please do not take these remarks as a threat; I do not intend them that way but I am left no other choice after years of one way discussion with the principals. Now, caught between the money I need to protect my health and issues of justice that must be addressed, I have no choice whatsoever. I am trying as best I can to avoid the confusion and public shock that lies ahead of us. In my position what would you do when your rights have been trampled repeatedly into the ground and you have repeatedly tried to reason and conciliate and you get nothing back but promises and inaction?


Yours very truly,


Frank Boyd

Cc. http://www.wsog.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home