WSOG

WSOG We Stand On Guard is a blog dedicated to the elimination of Racism in Canada. With a particular emphasis on Nova Scotia, this blog reports news items of relevance to Canada.

Name:
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

F. Stanley Boyd is an eighth generation African Canadian journalist. Among his ancestors is one of the first settlers of Oak Island in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. He is chair and founder of the Committee on Racial Content on Canadian Television (CRCT). We welcome your comments on this blog and you may comment by email at fsjboyd@yahoo.com or by clinking the comment link below and you are encouraged to do so.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Do We Get A Meeting Mr. Justice Minister?









Below is a repeat of the email to which the Justice Minister, Murray Scott, has replied. There is next the justice minister's reply, followed by the Premier's email saying he had asked the minister to reply. Below that is my reply to the justice minister and here things stand, if, or until, a meeting with the justice minister can be arranged, or if I take some other actions.

Do we get a meeting Mr. justice Minister?

From: "Frank Boyd" 3/7/2007 12:56 PM >>>

Dear Mr. Chisholm, Chief of Staff, Premier's Office By email March 7, 2007.

"Government Officials above the Law" says Black Senior Citizen Struggling with Cancer Reply Requested

I have been trying through many letters with the MEP director and with communications with Justice Minister Murray Scott directly and through my MLA Trevor Zinck to personally speak with the minister concerning the garnishee of my EI benefits to pay maintenance. Let me be clear that I am willing and have always been willing to pay maintenance.

I have proof that Judith McPhee, the MEP director's, original garnishee was illegal and had to be withdrawn. That is a fact. This damaged irreparably my ability to pay maintenance in concert with the actions taken by Catherine Smith, the Superintendent of Insurance when I was an insurance agent by denying my full license illegally without a hearing.

I have asked the MEP director repeatedly to withdraw the current garnishee. She asked me to follow a process by which a reduction could be done, I did as requested. I was promised a reply when the director has one of the MEP managers, Ron Borne, call me on February 21, 2007 to let me know that I could expect a reply from the director concerning my February 8th letter. There been no reply and instead of reducing or withdrawing the garnishee the MEP director continues to allow 52.68% of my meager EI benefits to be withheld from me.

In the letter I also advised the director that I have contracted a cancer of the bone marrow, multiple myeloma, which is incurable and terminal. Instead of having to write letters like this I should be getting some cooperation from the MEP allowing me to concentrate on my health needs. Since October, 2006 I can not been able to pay my rent. The matter yet remains in limbo. I am compelled by this sad state of communications with both the director and the minister of justice to do what I have not wanted to do. I am ready as of Friday morning March 9, 2007 to take my issues to a national television network which has asked me for more deals on my media release which you can view on my blog at http://www.wsog.blogspot.com.

I have wanted to resolve these issues without further public appeal and I have taken the matter to Supreme Court (Family Division) for conciliation and there is in place a formula for repaying the maintenance arrears. The MEP director is also aware of this and yet there has been no reply from her; she continues her ruthless pursuit of the little money I have. In fact everything is in place to enable payment to go on from here once the conciliation report and or the Court's decision is rendered. The MEP is in part responsible for the arrears as is another division of government.

Do I air these facts on national television or do we try to negotiate our differences as intelligent people try to do? There are facts about my case that will shock you. I would rather the director withdraw her garnishee enabling me to concentrate on my health issues while arranging maintenance rather than shaking in public, public confidence in the MEP, Finance and Justice departments.

However, once I go down that road of public involvement on television it is a road of no return. I have promised a national television network that I will contact them by Friday morning March 9th for the presentation of facts from my files and an interview.

Please do not take these remarks as a threat; I do not intend them that way but I am left no other choice after years of one way discussion with the principals. Now, caught between the money I need to protect my health and issues of justice that must be addressed, I have no choice whatsoever. I am trying as best I can to avoid the confusion and public shock that lies ahead of us. In my position what would you do when your rights have been trampled repeatedly into the ground and you have repeatedly tried to reason and conciliate and you get nothing back but promises and inaction?

Yours very truly,

Frank Boyd

Cc. www.wsog.blogspot.com

Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 10:48
From: “Justice Minister” JUSTMIN@gov.ns.ca
TO: fsjboyd@Yahoo.com

Subject: ID # 022607058

I am writing, on behalf of the Premier, to your e-mail of February 25th, 2007. The Director of Maintenance Enforcement advises me that the program has stopped enforcement on the arrears owing on your file and money has been returned to you. She further advises me that you have recently made a proposal, through the conciliator, to Ms. Fortune about both re-paying arrears and paying a lesser monthly amount than the current court order. This is the proper way to handle a situation such as yours since only the court can vary an existing order. I believe Ms. Fortune has up to the end of March to accept or reject your proposal. Should she reject it, the Director of Maintenance Enforcement will review your file again to see if she can assist in you receiving a reduction in the monthly amount you are required to pay.

Sincerely, Murray Scott, M.B.



From: Premier Nova Scotia [PREMIER@gov.ns.ca]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 12:02 PM
To: Frank Boyd

Subject: Re: “government Officials above the Law” says Black Senior Citizen Struggling with Cancer – Reply Requested.

Dear Mr. Boyd:

On behalf of Premier MacDonald, I wish to acknowledge your further e-mail correspondence.

I understand that Honourable Murray Scott, Minister of Justice, has responded to you this morning with regard to this issue.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to the attention of the Premier.

Sincerely,

Pat Lunn
Correspondence Coordinator
Office of the Premier

Reference Number: 022607058/030807022


FRANK BOYD’S EMAIL REPLY TODAY:

Do we get a meeting Mr. Justice Minister?

I am in receipt of your email subject ID # 022607058, thank you for your long awaited reply.

Instead of a reply I find your email is a regurgitation of information contained in my email. The Supreme Court conciliation is something I initiated, therefore, I know about it. The MEP director knew about it because of my communications with her. So, what? Your email does not address my request for a meeting with you. Will this happen? It does not address the accuracy of the information I provided saying the director’s original garnishee was unlawful. Was it, or wasn’t it?

Do you require proof that the actions of the MEP director’s unlawful garnishee and the Superintendent of insurance’s unlawful denial of my full insurance license which together made it impossible for me to pay maintenance? I was forced to declare bankruptcy. Do you need proof of that as well?

You have made the MEP director refund the last unethically obtained garnishee of my meager EI benefit income. I place your tawdry cheque, your payoff for not meeting with me, on the blog site so that the rest of Canada can see how your MEP director spitefully and unlawfully garnisheed more than 50% of my meager EI benefits. Since the original garnishee was unlawful, then so is the second.

It seems that someone has a conscience though and I am not sure whom to thank for that you, our great Premier, or the outraged public who have supported me by writing emails to the Premier on my behalf demanding I get a hearing. At least the Premier made you respond and probably insisted that the garnishee be stopped.

My supporters remain loyal to my ambition which is to prove that I am not a deadbeat dad, that my career has been destroyed by the action of two high ranking members of the civil service who your government sees fit to protect from public accountability.

Your Superintendent of Insurance saw to it that for more than 14 months I was unlawfully denied a license for 47.10% of that time without a hearing which is required by law. Is there any wonder why I could not pay maintenance as without a license insurance companies could not pay me my commissions and overrides. I have the records and much more evidence that these actions were unlawful. Why don’t you want to see it?

Finally, and as you know, I was charged with two criminal offenses recently which brought my employment history to another abrupt end and laying of those charges were influenced and encouraged by a sitting Member of Parliament. When I refused to be questioned by the police the MP saw to it that those charges were laid. Those records I possess also. This is more than a potential scandal; it is another Donald Marshall case.

Do we get a meeting Mr. Justice Minister?

cc. www.wsog.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home