WSOG

WSOG We Stand On Guard is a blog dedicated to the elimination of Racism in Canada. With a particular emphasis on Nova Scotia, this blog reports news items of relevance to Canada.

Name:
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

F. Stanley Boyd is an eighth generation African Canadian journalist. Among his ancestors is one of the first settlers of Oak Island in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. He is chair and founder of the Committee on Racial Content on Canadian Television (CRCT). We welcome your comments on this blog and you may comment by email at fsjboyd@yahoo.com or by clinking the comment link below and you are encouraged to do so.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ruthless and Incompetent Director


The cheque above that was wrongfully taken from me illustrates the incompetence and ruthlessness of the program director as her letter below goes further to state that a court order of ten years ago will be collected in the amount of $333.00 per month when my CPP disability allowance is net $743.75 a month, leaving me, a man with cancer, to live on $410.75 per month. The director's letter follows:
Department of Justice
POBox 7
8th Fl., 5151 Terminal Rd.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
B3J 216

Phone: 902424-4632
Fax: 902424-7596 E-Mail: mcpheeja@gov.ns.ca

Court Services Division
Judith A. McPhee, MSW, LL.B Director

March 22, 2007

Mr. Frank Boyd
306 Princess Margaret Boulevard
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
B3B 1A6

Dear Mr. Boyd:

I am writing in response to your most recent letter. Upon receiving it, I spoke with Shannon Grant, the Enforcement Officer managing your file, to determine what had happened and to ask Ms. Grant to call you to explain. Ms. Grant advises me that she did speak with you and told you how the $1,313.76 was diverted to the Maintenance Enforcement Program and how she has adjusted the system to prevent anymore than the $333 being diverted from the money you are receiving from the federal government. Also, we have sent you a cheque for the $1,313.76.

Mr. Boyd, I assure you that the Maintenance Enforcement Program will honour its commitment to you that we will only collect the regular monthly amount of $333 until a decision on your application to vary has been received.


Yours truly,



Judith A. McPhee

JAMcP/sMcC

G:\M CPHEEJA \ WP\COREL 7\Correspondence\Correspondence\2007\Frank Boyd _MEP _
03_22_07 .wpd

VIA FAX: 902 424-2153 Sunday, March 25, 2007.


306 Princess Margaret Blvd
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3B 1A6

Judith A. McPhee
Director, Maintenance Enforcement Program
P.O. Box 803, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3J 2V2

Dear Ms. McPhee:

I have received and read your letter dated March 22, 2007. Your letter unequivocally states that you intend to live up to the agreements that both you and your minister reached with me. The agreement states that until the Nova Scotia Supreme Court reaches a decision in my variance application I started several months ago there will be not further attempt at arrears collection.

It is unreasonable of you to expect me to pay $ 333.00 per month when I receive net after taxes only $743.75 per month and after your garnishee of $333.00 is taken away I am left with a mere $ 410.75 a month on which to live and pay rent. Given the current state of my health it is unconscionable to garnishee that amount. As you are aware I am battling a cancer that is terminal and I cannot maintain myself on $ 410.75 per month.

It is an outrageous garnishee because based on my current income it exceeds the monthly maintenance payment under federal guidelines by $ 296.00. In other words, given my current income according to federal guidelines I am supposed to pay $ 37.00 per month. I do not understand what your garnishee is collecting, if not arrears.

Further, I understand from your letter that your garnishee of the federal portion of my disability payment that has to be paid back to the federal government is being returned to me for that reason and also you have already garnisheed portions of that was well. I have yet to see it. You say you honor all agreements, so then prove it. Return the money, and halt all action until the court’s decision is rendered on arrears and on the monthly payment. Your refusal to await the Supreme Court’s decision is both irresponsible and dangerous to my health and wellbeing. On another point, you have submitted a new garnishee you inform me. I have not yet received any details, except what I was told on the telephone and the notes I took, may I have details in written form please.

Yours most sincerely,



Frank Boyd
Cc.
Nova Scotia Premier, Nova Scotia,
Minister of Justice,
Deputy Minister of Justice

garnishee/mcphee6doc
It is my hope that my readers will register their dismay at the antics of this program led by this director, Judith A. McPhee. Please forward your emails to the Nova Scotia Premier, Rodney MacDonald premier@gov.ns.ca and the minister of justice, Murray Scott justmin@gov.ns.ca. Place in the subject line "Frank Boyd deserves Justice", meaning that until the Nova Scotia Court makes a decision in this case any garnishee should be totally withdrawn and no money should be taken from Frank Boyd's meagre disability until then. Please send your emails with only the subject line: "Frank Boyd Deserves Justice" and nothing else.
By the way the justice minister who said he would meet with me has still not surfaced, and no plan for a meeting has been established as yet. MLA Trevor Zinck continues to try to arrange a meeting.
I have written letters to the federal authorities, including the Prime Minister, Stephen Harper, advising them that the federal guidelines are being violated in my case and so far I have heard nothing from them, including the minister responsible for Canada Pension Plan, the Honorable Monte Solberg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home