WSOG

WSOG We Stand On Guard is a blog dedicated to the elimination of Racism in Canada. With a particular emphasis on Nova Scotia, this blog reports news items of relevance to Canada.

Name:
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

F. Stanley Boyd is an eighth generation African Canadian journalist. Among his ancestors is one of the first settlers of Oak Island in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. He is chair and founder of the Committee on Racial Content on Canadian Television (CRCT). We welcome your comments on this blog and you may comment by email at fsjboyd@yahoo.com or by clinking the comment link below and you are encouraged to do so.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Publisher Writes Halifax Chamber of Commerce President


Dear Friends,


It was kind of spontaneous on my part but I thought it was time to communicate across the great divide that sometimes separates us.

So this morning I rather whimsically, while doing something else, found myself pressing the send button of the email below to the Halifax Chamber of Commerce president, someone I assure you I do not know. The president’s comments were the subject of yesterday’s posting.

Whether or not the recipient will reply is totally unknown to me. I wish that I had taken time to clearly think out its content, but it was very spontaneous I assure you and in retrospect I am pleased I wrote it and here in total spontaneity is what I said:


Dear Mrs. Payn,

Make no mistake about it; the Black Nova Scotia worker is being threatened yet again. In your recent address on the under utilization of youth and immigrant workers these questions can be asked:

Where is the fairness? Where is the equity? Where is "the just society" that internationally Canada claims to be? Where is your focus that you have not seen the injustice in your own community?

There are others who fit within the same categories you have cited and who are more often overlooked than any of the workers you have cited. The link below will bring some of these concerns to your attention.

It is hoped that some of these concerns might help in adjusting your focus on issues of long standing injustice here in Nova Scotia for some two hundred years. The link below might help.

Regards,

F. Stanley Boyd

http://wsog.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home