WSOG

WSOG We Stand On Guard is a blog dedicated to the elimination of Racism in Canada. With a particular emphasis on Nova Scotia, this blog reports news items of relevance to Canada.

Name:
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

F. Stanley Boyd is an eighth generation African Canadian journalist. Among his ancestors is one of the first settlers of Oak Island in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. He is chair and founder of the Committee on Racial Content on Canadian Television (CRCT). We welcome your comments on this blog and you may comment by email at fsjboyd@yahoo.com or by clinking the comment link below and you are encouraged to do so.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Chronicle Herald Ad Byron's Face Lifted


In the chronicle Herald deivered to my door today, Tuesday, March 14, 2006 there was a production problem as you can see from the photo above. The carrier's name is Bryon, a Black man.

The writer did contact the Chronicle Herald about this flaw in the photo that was embedded in the photo not on the surface of the copy of the newspaper I received. In other words, it was somewhere in production that this problem originated before it reached my door. It was not defaced between production and when it was deliverd to me at my residence.

It somehow took place during production cycle. It seems to have affected newspapers in Dartmouth Nova Scotia in the B3B 1A6 postal codes.

I have checked with subscribers in Halifax and in Cole Harbour and none of those ads are affected in anyway.

Other subscribers in this area got similar flawed photos. If you received or have picked up copies of the Chronicle Herald that are similarly flawed please let me know. The ad appears at page G4, bottom left hand corner and it is a large ad you cannot miss.

I am in contact with the Herald and I would like to see this problem corrected. I have scanned and forwarded the above flawed ad to the Chronicle Herald. If you see it, please notify me immediately. My email link to be clicked is:

fsjboyd@yahoo.com

As always,

Well wishes,

F. Stanley Boyd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home